Monday, September 27, 2010

Essay 2 Possible Topic and Questions

Comparing two religions: (Christianity and Islam)

-Who are the important figures associated with each religion?
  • Abraham
  • Moses
  • John the Baptist
  • Jesus
  • Mary
-What are the beliefs about after-life?
  • Life after death is eternal
  • day of judgement will take place
  • heaven is a "state of being"
-Where do people from each religion worship?
  • Christians have services at a church.
  • Muslims have services at a mosque.
-How is the Qur'an similar to the Bible?
  • contain many of the same stories from the Old and New Testament

2 comments:

  1. I think this topic is really interesting!! I think you can find a good amount of information!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this topic, reminds me of when I was in 10th grade we had to compare and contrast two religions, I chose Vodun and Buddhism, I think this will be a fun paper to read once it is done. =)

    ReplyDelete